April 27, 2010

Short term "minor" pullback to 10,800?

The market took a tumble of about 200 points today. I had "heard" over this weekend the number 1175... short for 11,175. It flashed so quickly in my mind I discounted it and made the mistake of not praying. The next day it flashed again and I also discounted it and made the mistake of not praying. Well, I believe that number signaled a top before the down day we experienced today. By my not praying I missed selling at the short-term top (the DOW still heading up to 12,000 in the coming months) and gave back all my profits by selling today. I should never tire of prayer, this is a lesson.

I am actually tired now, since it is 11pm California time and I get up with the market. But I did manage to pray and ask where the market would pullback to. I saw the number 10,800 illuminate in my spirit. I prayed again and saw the number clearly again. If the market pulls back from the top of about 11,250 to 10,800 that will be a 4% pullback which is fairly mild compared to the pullback in late January to early February. I remember the Lord clearly showed in a vision His dusting the heavy storm of short sellers off His hands after that time, so I am not expecting a severe pullback (i.e. one approaching 10%), but rather a mild pullback on the order of 4%+/-.

I will pray more but I wanted to get this post out this evening before I go to bed.

I should mention I am still bullish, feeling "favor", on AMZN and F and will look to repurchase. As long as the Goldman proceedings and Greece sovereign debt crisis are looming, I am wary about JPM. I may have misinterpreted JPM to be jumping continuously rather than the strong jump it experienced. I am learning regarding His timing on individual stocks... I should have sold with my 20% gains on my JPM LEAPs! I also heard on April 14 "Sandisk is spectacular!" I sold too soon but did enjoy a good part of the runup. Hearing specifics on individual stocks is new territory for me. That is why I mentioned before I believe the Lord is "taking it up a level". So far I'm taking my bruises in the market by not existing a position on time. My prayer is He make the exit, as well as the entrance, on a stock clear for not only myself but all those who desire that He leads them in investing.

Update as of April 28, 2010 12:30 am: I had a wonderful time of prayer this morning. I asked where the DOW would pullback to and saw in my spirit 10,800 again. A prophetic number, I have learned, is often approximate. My experience through this blog is the difference between actual and the prophetic number is less than 100 points.

I also finally heard from the Lord on my frustration for months on why I can “know” where the market is going long term but keeping failing to enter and exit trades prophetically and with profit. I had heard words the last couple of weeks on specific stocks and my entire account was up 25% (via long-term options called LEAPS) the day before yesterday. But, as you will read below, I gave back all the gains back yesterday. The Lord gets my attention with money for His major lessons. When I lose a lot of money it pains me and I want to know what is going on, why did I lose money. Today I finally got the answer (with me He sometimes withholds an answer until the end of the lesson!) What I learned will be obvious truths to most. But we are all going from glory to glory. He is stretching us all.

I learned that time-to-time I have traded based on one or all of: Fear, Haste, Other People’s Opinions. The first two are definitely demonic, Jesus said not to fear (Luke 12, John 14). There is no fear in love, perfect love of Christ casts out all fear (1 John 4). And Proverbs 21:5 warns haste leads to poverty. And Other People’s Opinions can be at odds with God, such as the followers and prophets of Baal (1 Kings 18). Every now and then a fellow Christian will speak the opinion of God. But if their opinion is not of God’s supernatural wisdom, or prophetic in nature, chances are the opinion contains worldly, demonic ideas trying to derail you from God’s plan. All mature Christians know these truths, but applying them in your life consistently can be a challenge. But what a wonderful challenge it is!

The other thing I learned is something I’ve known all along but still struggle with. I need to increasingly yield my thoughts to Christ’s thoughts. Partial yielding is not enough. Again, we are challenged to press on and upwards, from glory to glory. We are to take every thought captive to Christ. And we have the mind of Christ. But if you are a “thinker” like me, then allowing His thoughts, His Spirit, His holy and vast mind to engulf and consume your mind and thoughts is not always effortless. I have to deliberately yield in meditation and prayer. I’m sure others can relate, which is why I share.

Finally, the pain of my several-month-long lesson culminated yesterday when a Christian friend sent an email from some supposed trading guru with the title, “Stocks Rolling Over. Get out now.” The text was strongly worded with inflammatory opinions (such as “A Looming Crash Could Obliterate Your Wealth” in a huge red font) and meant to incite panic. So I indeed panicked and sold. I didn’t think I had the time to pray while the market was going sharply down. I’m honest in this blog about my errors!! But had I prayed immediately rather than later at night, the Lord would have shown the correction would be mild. So I sold needlessly and at a sharp loss. If I really wanted to sell with the pullback, I could have waited until the bounce today which invariably happens after a sharp down day, especially if you know the pullback will be mild. She is a friend and understood when I asked her not to send such emails of Other People’s Opinions to me.

As a final prophetic word, I saw the date “May 12th” a few times this morning as well as last night while praying. When I asked specifically if I should be out of the market or invested in the market on that day, He said, “You should be invested”.

I hope my honesty above is helpful to others who are seeking intimate communication with the Lord to guide their increase. I pray for all those reading this blog that you hear with clarity on both entering and exiting your stock positions. Thank you, also, for your prayer.



Update as of May 4, 2010 8:30am: The DOW touched 10,887 at about 8am PST. I bought on the dip per the word of the Lord that the pullback will be minor and short-term.