September 3, 2010

Kindness and Jumping "God Stocks"

I rarely have delightful waking dreams but I had one this morning. I saw sunny iridescent misty Kindness falling like waves of dew to the earth. People were happy and kind. I also saw an ashen black demon, a political demon called Arrogance, fall from his little cloud perched in the sky. He fell to the earth and the earth swallowed him up.

Then I remembered my little childhood pony, Firefly. I paid for that pony over several years by painting our acre of fence at minimum wage for my parents. It was very hard work and I had allergies so I was sweating in the Maryland humidity and with a surgical mask on so I wouldn’t keep sneezing with allergies. Although my parents would have given me the gift of the pony and just let me contribute to his care with my weekly allowance from chores, they weren’t rich but they did fine working for the government, I wanted to earn that pony. Well, that pony could jump! What a joy when that pony was all mine, finally fully purchased with my hard-earned money, and we jumped and jumped and jumped. It was the “best pony in the world” and brought me endless joy as a child.

I believe remembering the pony this morning is like Christ’s crown of thorns. By the sweat of our brow is the curse over our labor to work the land. But the thorns were pushed into Christ’s brow and His blood came out, removing the curse.

Our ponies, our stocks, are going to jump and jump and jump and, thus, give us childlike delight!!

P.S. Please read last post of "Clear and emphatic word from the Lord". I am so encouraged! We were all born for such a time as this, how humbling it is to be called His and to such a great purpose.

Update as of September 12, 2010 8:00pm: I went for a prayer walk and here was a song I was inspired by and sang back to the Lord who inspired it:

Kindness falling like dew
How much we need of you
Kindness falling from heaven
2011

Kindness, usher us in
Liberating us from sin
Kindness, where is the leaven?
2011

Kindness, what’s this they say?
A gentle man has his way
Kindness, rolling in waves
Set free the slaves