October 19, 2010

“Come closer to Me”

“Signs and wonders will increase. But not all signs and wonders are from Me. The angel of light, Diablo, who divides your mind will have you look here and look there at that wonder, at that phenomenon.

“But my sheep will simply know My voice. If you do not know and trust My voice you will be tossed in the waves of look here and look there and consider this and consider that.

“I will tell you simply: what I speak to you in your quiet moments plainly and clearly is what you must trust. And my logos, my written Word will always reign and be your rudder when you sail rough seas. My rhema to you will be your secret. It is eternal. It is my truth for you. And my rhema word, if you cleave to it, will be your sail in My wind and it will carry your boat.

“But I will not give you signs. I will not always confirm with happenings. My rhema word is your clear, pure, uncontaminated water, your rhema sail in My wind. You must know My voice and you must trust what I speak to you in your quiet, private moments with Me.

“I have warned it will get more and more confusing and tempting to go here and there. More and more turmoil all about in My church. In returning and rest You will be saved and hear My voice. In quietness and confidence will be your strength and assurance that in due season your boat will reach its destination. Seek Me, in a quiet place in the Holy of Holies, where we will talk face to face.”

And about ten minutes later, while sitting and quietly worshipping on the same mountaintop, I had an awe-inspiring and much closer encounter, if you will, with our risen Lord, our Savior, our King. I am not saying He personally appeared to me. Rather, my spirit encountered much more intimately and with much deeper appreciation and worship His Person. I did perceive a luminous and glorious white light throughout the beautiful sky and a vision of His Person as well. Again, this was likely a vision, but it was very profound and magnificent to me:

“I am the Alpha and Omega, from the beginning of time before I created you to the end of time which has no end. I am the only Truth this world will come to know, the only Way to God, the Father whose light in fullness shines through Me, and the only Life which will satisfy your soul. Come to a quiet place and I will give you real drink, clean and pure. I will talk to you face to face if you will come to Me, Jesus Christ, the One who was and is and is to come. Come closer. Comer closer. And you will see that all you need to leave what is not Me... is Me. Come closer to Me.”

Update as of October 21, 2010 11:00am: Yesterday morning I went to the same mountain and the Lord impressed on me that the Holy Spirit is also very importantly called the “Spirit of Truth”. He wanted me to have a more intimate encounter with His Spirit of Truth, which I gratefully did have. If you seek the Lord’s truth, you will find truth. And the truth that you know will set you free. The Lord does say if you hold to His teachings, which we can know from the written Word which is the Bible, then you will be His disciple and know the truth. It perhaps sounds kindergarten basic and overly simple for a mature Christian, but it’s the contrary. Sticking to the basics by pressing more tightly towards Jesus Christ, His Spirit of Truth, and the written Word is immensely profound. The spiritual might to move mountains with these basics is undeniable. I will likely be calling the Holy Spirit “Spirit of Truth” sometimes because I’m sure we all desire to be guided further in His truth and not chase after that which may appear like it is coming from God but is not.

Jesus warns that “false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect, if that were possible.” Signs and wonders and supernatural phenomenon not of God will increase in these perilous end times. I want to cleave to Jesus Christ. I want to treasure, listen to, and obey His Spirit of Truth on an hourly basis so I am not deceived. I want to spend time with Him in an intimate place where it is quiet and where I will hear from Him. My dear friends, there is nothing worth chasing after except Jesus Christ. He is the Alpha and Omega, the first and last. All life was created by Him and for Him. He is our King and Savior. He is the only Way, the Truth and the Life. All things can find their answer and be set on a straight course in Him. And in pressing in to just Jesus, to know His Spirit of Truth, there are ample living waters and provision to refresh you and supply all your needs as you walk out your life in Him.

[Jesus said:] For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect--if that were possible. So be on your guard; I have told you everything ahead of time.
Mark 13:22-23 (NIV)

[Jesus said:] For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time.
Matt 24:24-25 (NIV)

Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32 (NIV)

And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
John 14:16-17 (NIV)

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.
John 16:12-13 (NIV)