June 22, 2009

DOW broke through 8600 + High dividend funds

Well, the DOW held at 8600 from June 2 through June 12 but then it broke down through 8600. I did get stopped out of my long position on the DOW. Given this, I no longer believe I was accurate in saying the DOW will go to 9200 this month. The correction from 8600 is mild so far, only down about 3%.

Phil of philsgang.com has a wise phrase, "When the market opens I lose my opinion so I don't lose my money." Today I lost my opinion (faith in what I heard) so I didn't lose more of my money. I will continue to take some profits to free up some cash as I trust this pullback will be a correction rather than a retesting of the March lows. I will also be looking for a lower entry point to purchase some higher dividend yielding funds and stocks (such as ADVDX, AOD, EOS, EXG, FAX and HTGC).